At Togetherness Counseling, we believe that families should remain together. Our goal is to strengthen the family functioning as a whole to create more meaningful relationships. Much like a clock, families are accustomed to working a certain way. Change can take time and may involve breaking the clock into smaller parts to target areas that are not working well. For this reason, it may not be unusual for your therapist to ask to break-up the family into smaller parts to address one relationship at a time. Our end goal is always integration of the entire system.
We work with families through a variety of issues to include, but not limited to:
- Pre and post adoption
- Removal and placement into foster care
- Reunification from foster care
- Life transitions (i.e. divorce, remarriage, birth of a new child)
- Grief and loss
- Communication and conflict resolution
- Trauma recovery
- Defiance and acting out
- Boundary setting and role identification
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for family counseling.