Sex therapy is a unique form of counseling that specifically addresses various topics related and pertaining to sexuality. Common topics of conversation include:
- Sexual values (i.e. monogamy versus open marriage and infidelity)
- Sexual dysfunction (i.e. vaginismus and erectile dysfunction)
- Sexual desire (low and high libido)
- Sexual compulsivity (i.e. excessive use or pornography or engaging in sex with multiple partners)
- Sexual phobias
- Fetishes (i.e. BDSM and power play)
- Sexual and gender orientation
We have found from our work that there are some important things for you to know.
- All sessions are confidential unless you report intent to harm yourself, harm another person or if you are aware of a child or elder individual that is being harmed.
- It is not our job to judge your sexual preferences or lifestyle. It is our job to help you figure out what those are for you.
- For some sexual behaviors, we will discuss risk management and how to keep you safe while you engage in the behavior of your choice.
- Sexual acts do not occur in the office or with your therapist. Sex therapy is simply a space to talk about your sexual concerns.
- Sometimes a referral to a physician is indicated when issues of pain, dysfunction or disease are disclosed.
- Sex is a normal and natural part of life.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.